We work on CMS Wordpress
Let’s be honest, in the vast majority of cases (let’s estimate it at 80 percent), the website does not need to be developed from scratch. It is long, expensive and difficult. Is it worth creating a corporate website or a standard online store from scratch? Of course not. Especially when development on CMS (Content Management System) has such popularity, especially on the most popular representative - Wordpress.
Using ready-made WP solutions (themes, plugins) you can build great sites. The fact that Wordpress is only for blogs and simple one-page websites is a myth. Unfortunately, this is a very common myth. In fact, even large projects with a complex functionality can be implemented on Wordpress.
WP users include: Sony, Mercedes, BBC, People, CNN and even NASA. These and many other companies are happy to use Wordpress to solve their problems. This is a convenient and efficient solution both for development and further use.
- High development speed. WP has a large number of available templates, including free ones. They are focused on different types of websites: corporate, online stores, portfolio pages, media, and many other categories. You can choose the appropriate format, and adapt it to the structure and design required by a particular customer. In addition, there is a large plugin library. These are ready-made functional solutions, by installing which you can quickly solve a typical problem and add the missing functionality. All this greatly simplifies and speeds up the developers’ work.
- Flexibility and the possibility of deep changes. The word "template" in Russian has a negative connotation. But in this case, the template only helps to speed up the production process. Using standard themes and ready-made solutions does not make Wordpress websites similar. You can completely change the structure, functionality of the website and its design. WP templates just help you avoid wasting valuable programmer time on routine things that can be done once and not repeated again in every project. But ready-made websites are far from template ones.
- Low price of creating websites. Especially when compared to developing from scratch in PHP or other programming languages. The low price is a consequence that directly results from the high speed of development and a good level of optimization of work with the CMS. In IT, the total cost of a project launch is highly dependent on the time spent by employees. An hour of work of a highly qualified specialist is very expensive. Wordpress helps to reduce the development time, which proportionally reduces the price.
- Convenient management of finished products. A Content Management System is translated as a content management system. The ease of site management is literally put into the name and indicated by the main goal of CMS. The websites on Wordpress as an operator can be used even by unprepared people. Creating new posts and content is intuitively clear. And a person with basic technical knowledge can easily change the structure or design of the website, install the necessary plugins, or, if necessary, even lay out the page in a visual designer (for example, in Elementor). Therefore, Wordpress websites are easy to implement into the work of the company and to transfer to people who had no experience with admin panels before.
- Scalability. Another common myth is serious restrictions on the load on the website. Many people seriously believe that Wordpress is for small websites with a small audience. But above we have already said that WP for its products is used by such large media as CNN and BBC. The audience of these resources is measured in hundreds of thousands (and sometimes millions) of users per day. You certainly can’t call such a load small. In fact, Wordpress websites are easy and convenient to scale. From a small project, you can go to the category of large ones without even changing the technology on which the website was developed.
- Easy integration with external products. Wordpress - is the most popular CMS for creating websites. WP, like its plugins, has a huge number of integrations with various external resources: social networks, payment systems, CRM systems, geolocation services, and many other resources. On WP, you can create not just a web page, but a full-fledged software product with a complex functionality and data exchange with external data sources.
Our cases of Wordpress websites
It’s easier to show once than to tell for a long time. And we can show more than once. We have many examples of cool sites made on Wordpress, you can see that this CMS produces unique and very complex sites.
- Zoutlet - is an online store for a clothing and footwear retailer.
- WeCreate - is a state project of the Chamber of Crafts of Ukraine.
- CheeseLand - is a major Moldovan distributor of dairy products.
- NCC.lUX - service for ordering transfers in Italy.
- Wine-Crime - is the leading producer of high-quality wines in Moldova, Purcari company.
How do we launch websites on WP? Step by step
Step 1. Discussion of the project. The briefing between the customer and our project manager is one of the most important steps in website development. At this stage, the manager must:
- Transfer customer ideas into specific project documentation.
- Clearly understand the goals of the project (and help to formulate them if they do not already exist).
- And also offer his ideas and vision of the future website. The customer may not even know what functionality and what features can be implemented in a WP site.
By the way, it is at the consultation stage that you can finally choose the technology for development. If you still don’t know whether Wordpress capabilities will be enough for you, or you still need development from scratch, then you can contact our specialists for a free consultation. To do this, you just need to leave a request on the site. We will consider your problem and advice you.
Step 2. Approval of project documentation. We appreciate very much the accuracy, therefore, together with the finished project documentation, we clearly state the terms and cost of implementation. Once the project documentation is approved, prices and deadlines can only be changed by the customer if he wants to add additional features.
Step 3. Website development. Creation of prototypes of website pages, design development, layout, content filling. In general, the implementation of the project documentation that we approved in the previous paragraph.
Step 4. Launching and testing. This is an important step. Every software product has bugs. And this does not mean that programmers are incompetent. Just because of the huge number of variations of the device - operating system - browser, an error will definitely occur on one of them. It is important to find and eliminate them before handing over to the customer and launching the product.
Step 5. Project support. This stage, of course, is not required, but desirable. The specialists will take care of the server administration of the website, will correct errors in a timely manner, and advise if necessary. The website will work well, without interruptions and without errors. If you refuse support, then errors can call into question not only the performance of the website and the safety of data, but also, including the search engine optimization of the website. The search engines do not really like sites with errors, which also do not work every time. Therefore, maintaining a site on Wordpress is no less important than its development.
WP for MVP Development
Another useful option for business is Wordpress. Especially for startups. We have already said that creating websites on WP is faster and cheaper than developing from scratch (it seems to have already been said 2-3 times). So, these advantages make CMS websites an excellent option for developing MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for startups.
MVP - is the minimum viable product. This is the first version of the website, the functionality of which is minimal, but sufficient for the first users. With the help of an MVP, a startup team can get marketing information with “few efforts”:
- Does anyone need the product at all?
- What do users like and dislike?
- What marketing channels are effective and what is the average cost per lead?
- Does it make sense to develop the main version in PHP, or can we stay on WordPress?
With this information, it is much easier for startup founders to plan the launch of a basic version. Even if the idea turns out to be unsuccessful, it will not hurt so much, because the development on WP is faster and cheaper (fourthly).
Of course, Wordpress also has its drawbacks and limitations. Otherwise, absolutely all websites would be made on CMS. Websites with a complex functionality, unique structure and design, as well as large-scale projects are best done from scratch. In this case, the maximum range of opportunities for development opens up. You are not sure which technology to choose for you, and whether the Wordpress possibilities will be enough for you? You can request a free consultation from our specialist at any time by leaving a request in the feedback form.
Also, if you still have questions, you can ask them in the quick chat form in the lower right corner of the screen.